Big Analytics Roundup (March 2, 2015)
Here is a roundup of some recent Big Analytics news and analysis.
- SiliconAngle covers the Big Data money trail.
- Curt Monash writes about Databricks and Spark on his DBMS2 blog.
- On the Databricks blog, Dave Wang summarizes Spark highlights from Strata + Hadoop World.
- In this post, Hammer Lab describes how to monitor Spark with Graphite and Grafana.
- Cloudera announces Hive on Spark beta.
- InfoWorld covers Spark’s planned support for R in Release 1.3.
- Qubole announces Spark as a Service.
- Dato announces new version of GraphLab Create.
- From Strata + Hadoop World, Prithvi Pravu talks about using H2O.
- Also from Strata, here is Cliff Click’s presentation on H2O, Spark and Python.
- On the H2O blog, Arno Candel publishes a performance tuning guide for H2O Deep Learning.